Given the many challenges facing the District, the Board of Directors, management and staff decided to embark on a strategic planning process to set the course for the next five years, 2009-2014. The Center for Strategic Thinking at the University of La Verne was retained to facilitate and coordinate the development of the plan.
Through the use of questionnaires, information was gathered from District staff, members of the Board and other water agencies. A series of workshops were held that produced the important elements of an organization's strategic plan - mission, vision, values and strategic goals. District supervisors then developed strategic initiatives and detailed action plans that are designed to achieve the seven strategic goals. The plan was adopted by the Board of Directors in April 2009.
- Continually strive to provide high quality customer service
- Improve quality and reliability of water supply through local development and regional collaboration.
- Maintain and upgrade the District water distribution system and facilities.
- Implement public outreach through conservation, education and community involvement.
- Maintain responsible stewardship of District funds to address future needs.
- Recruit and develop qualified personnel to increase productivity and enhance employee retention and morale.
- Promote natural resource sustainability through efficient planning, operations, facility management and environmental compliance.